First of all, I heard from several of you that my Zippy Tip video from last Tuesday had some technical difficulties on YouTube. Since then, I have uploaded it again, and according to reports, it is running smoothly. So in case you missed it, here it is again: Splendor in the Lemongrass.
I’m not sure why the video would only play on certain browsers, since I uploaded it the way I always do. I’m not a very technically-minded person, so it was a mystery to me. Just like today, when I attempted to switch internet providers. I was kind of tickled with myself when I followed the directions and set the equipment up properly. But then it came time to check the connection between the modem and the router.
The instant presence of flashing red lights told me “Nope, not gonna do it”!
I called the modem people.
“Not my problem”, they said. “Call the router people.”
So I called the router people.
“Not my problem”, they said. “Call the modem people.”
After several hours on the phone with a total of 7 different people, I gave up…and set out to do something I KNOW how to do–make chewies.
It seems like I can’t go very long without making yet another version of my Peanut Butter Caramel Chewies, especially since it’s nearly Halloween! First I started with the Easter version: Peanut Butter Caramel Chewy Easter Egg Nests
Then came along Caramel Apple Chewies,
followed by PB & J Caramel Chewies.
At Christmas, there were Peanut Butter Caramel Chewy Christmas Wreaths.
And now pumpkins! I knew the shape would be a cinch to make, but I really wanted something special to be the stem. I ran to the grocery store and scoured the candy aisle for something green, when I spied those licorice twist candies that are usually black or red. I never knew they came in green also! How cool is that?
One thing’s for sure, I don’t think you’ll run into technical difficulties when you make these Pumpkin Spice Chewies. And when you get done, you’ll have some quick treats that are perfect for filling the bags of trick-or-treaters, or decorating a Thanksgiving table. Gotta love that!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Special K cereal
- 4 green licorice twists, each cut into 6 pieces
- 4-6 ounces melted orange candy melts
- Heat sugar, corn syrup and pumpkin pie spice in a large pan on medium high heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Turn off heat and stir in peanut butter. Add cereal and mix until well coated. Let mixture cool slightly, and working quickly, shape into golf ball-sized balls. Place them onto wax paper. Flatten slightly. Make a slit in the top of each pumpkin with the handle of a spoon and place a piece of the green twist candy to form the stem. Allow to set for 20-30 minutes until pumpkins are firm. Decorate with melted orange candy melts.
© 2013 Sherry Klinedinst
All rights reserved. Repost with permission only.
Watch video here:
Can’t see video? Watch it here: Pumpkin Spice Chewies
Linked to these fabulous parties.
Mom always said it is nice to share!