Do you ever have one of those days when you open up the fridge and attempt to make a salad with everything that is in it?
I had one of those days.
The first thing I spotted was the jalapeno and pesto, leftover from Kitchen Psycho’s Breakfast Tacos with Spinach Pepita Pesto I had made earlier this week .
There was also some fresh mozzarella left from my Lasagna Burger last week.
Now, I normally use mayo instead of Miracle Whip, but my S.O. LOVES the stuff! And of course, it was in the fridge, so I used it.
With the quick addition of some fresh cucumber and tomato, I ended up with a chicken salad that turned out pretty darned tasty!
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 4 cups chicken, shredded into bite-sized pieces
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ¼ cucumber, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1 medium ball fresh mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing, combine pesto and Miracle Whip in a small bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, place chicken, onion, cucumber, tomato, jalapeno, egg and cheese. Stir to combine. Pour dressing over chicken mixture and combine well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serves 4-5
© 2012 Sherry Klinedinst
All rights reserved. Repost with permission only.
Linked to some of these fabulous parties.
Mom always said it is nice to share!